Its Official! CrossFit RGTC 03/05/13 – We are now a CrossFit affiliated Gym. Anyone who has always wanted to do it or has friends that always wanted to try, invite them to come for a FREE trial. Read More
We are now a CrossFit affiliated Gym. Anyone who has always wanted to do it or has friends that always wanted to try, invite them to come for a FREE trial.
Our workouts have been always highly dynamic, fully functional and constantly changing. This affiliation now allows us to interact with a larger community.
Keep Up The Hard Work 03/01/13 –Big new program being added here at the Training Center which will really benefit all the community! Read More
Big new program being added here at the Training Center which will really benefit all the community!
Keep an eye out for more info next week! 😉
Classes have been rocking, amazing goals from our members being achieve!
Keep up the hard work!
Street Self Defense Awareness class 02/15/13 –Guys we had an incredible class yesterday for our adult Jiu Jitsu program.Read More
Guys we had an incredible class yesterday for our adult Jiu Jitsu program. We did a “Street Self Defense Awareness class”where our students came in jeans, long sleeve shirts and learned stick self defense.
We had tons of fun!
Real World Stats About Bullying 1/21/13 –56% of students have personally felt some sort of bullying at school.Read More
Real World Stats About Bullying
- 56% of students have personally felt some sort of bullying at school. Between 4th and 8th grade in particular, 90% of students are victims of bullying.
- The most common reason cited for being harassed is a student’s appearance or body size. 2 out of 5 teens feel that they are bullied because of the way that they look.
- 9 out of 10 LGBT youth reported being verbally harassed at school in the past year because of their sexual orientation.
- 1 in 4 teachers see nothing wrong with bullying and will only intervene 4% percent of the time.
- A victim of bullying is twice as likely to take his or her own life compared to someone who is not a victim.
- One out of 10 students drop out of school because they are bullied.
- Physical bullying peak in middle school and declines in high school. Verbal abuse rates remain constant from elementary to high school.
- Researchers feel that bullying should not be treated as part of growing up (with the attitude “kids will be kids”).
- 41% of principals say they have programs designed to create a safe environment for LGBT students, but only 1/3 of principals say that LGBT students would feel safe at their school.
- 57% of students who experience harassment in school never report the incident to the school. 10% of those who do not report stay quiet because they do not believe that teachers or staff can do anything. As a result, more than a quarter of students feel that school is an unsafe place to be.
- Schools with easily understood rules of conduct, smaller class sizes and fair discipline practices report less violence than those without such features.
News – 1/16/13 – Read More
what BJJ environment can do for your kids! Article in Gracie Magazine wrote by our own Professor Stan Beck
“It is s gratifying to see the amazing results in the kids and families. Frankly, the school systems are overwhelmed with their daily responsibilities and, perhaps, their educators don’t have the time, skills or inclination to teach the character development and leadership skills that children need.
We take our roles as partners of schools systems and parents very seriously.”
News – 1/14/13 – Read More
Here you have it! Team HyperFit. Monica, Donna, Louis and myself posing for a picture with our 1st place trophy after an incredible running effort!! We did 49.6 miles in 6 hours giving us enough miles for FIRST PLACE OVERALL CO-ED DIVISION @ the Vista View 360 – 6 hour endurance run.
Donna, Monica and Louis – I am so proud of you, you guys are amazing athletes. I am really glad I was able to share in this awesome experience with you today.
News – 1/1/13 – Read More
Happy New Year to everyone!
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and enjoyed your time with your family!
I wanted to thank all of you for being part of my great year that just passed. It was quite amazing that a goal that I set for myself came to fruition. That goal was to build a training center where people from all walks of life could come together and train in a different milieu.
I am thrilled to have been able to watch so many people’s lives change for the better, all done through fun hard work.
I will see many of you continue to reach or be well on their way to living the lives that they’ve always imagined in new year.
Keep up the great work! So many of you inspire me and this makes it much easier to keep working “hard” to reach my goals.
There will be some great major and minor tweaks done here in the coming months that I am sure you will love. We are back to full schedule so let’s get back to training hard! 😀
News – 12/17/12 – Read More
What a great surprise we had this past Thursday, Renzo himself showed up at the academy to train a little bit and entertain us with some amazing and funny stories.
Its always an honor and pleasure to have him here.
News – 11/12/12 – Read More
What a great seminar Rilion Gracie put on this weekend. Jiu Jitsu is in the details and there are very few people on the planet who understand Jiu Jitsu like Master Rilion Gracie does. I for one can’t wait until he comes here again to teach. I know everyone who attended absolutely gained a lot of knowledge from him.
News – 11/2/12 – Read More
I wanted to let everyone know that the results came in for the NAGA event we competed in in October. We came in 4th Place in the Adult Gi division overall and 3rd Place in the Kids/Teens division overall. Remember that the only teams who beat us came to this tournament with probably over 20 schools flying under their one banner. We came there with just our school. Pretty darn good folks!